In the fall I am making a huge transition in my life that I definitely did not see coming. In August I will begin teaching 5th grade English Language Arts at a private school in Mount Pleasant. I am excited to make this transition, and I know God has big plans for my family.
However, for anyone that reads my blog the next piece of information could be shocking. The school I am moving to does not have Apple technology. The classroom I am going into offers a Promethean board, but there is no 1:1 access available.
As I venture into this new chapter of my life, I need HELP. I started a GoFundMe campaign to get 6 iPads with cases into my classroom this upcoming school year. Although it would not provide 1:1 access during a class period which I see as best practice, it would allow my students to have many opportunities that without devices could not be met.
As an initial investment, my family purchased a new MacBook as a way for me to continue to write iBooks and iTunesU courses. Many of you know what kind of dinosaur my old personal MacBook currently is at this time. It was purchased in 2009 and has been a trooper!
I look forward to this journey, and I hope to show my new school how powerful devices are when used correctly in the classroom. Help make this dream a reality by:
- Donating to my GoFundMe campaign:
- Email the link above to friends & family
- Share my GoFundMe on your social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
- Donate a used iPad to my classroom. I can wipe it clean!
- Donate a used AppleTV (We need that too!)
- Make a video explaining how 1:1 learning changed your student as a learner.
- Have your student make a video explaining why 1:1 is important in the classroom.
Message me with any questions or suggestions you have for me. I have quite the journey ahead of me. I look forward to sharing the rest of the story with you!